RURALidades has the main aim of creating new spaces of dialogue, cooperation, and collective construction of innovative and sustainable opportunities for youth in rural areas of the Algarve.
The specific objectives for the project are:
- The creation of spaces of dialogue and cooperation between youth, organizations, decision-makers, and other stakeholders to debate the problem of youth lack of investment in rural retreat;
- To debate and map the challenges and opportunities for youth participation, employment, and entrepreneurship in the rural areas;
- To share and promote the visibility of best practices and of innovative and sustainable opportunities for youth in rural areas;
- To allow the increase of knowledge of young people in the region concerning the European policies and opportunities of Erasmus + to youth from rural areas (Alcoutim, Tavira, Martim Longo, Cachopo, Silves, Loulé, Alte and Monchique) with fewer opportunities.
We will involve a diverse range of participants, mainly through the following activities:
- The creation of a Regional Committee of the project that will join different regional and youth stakeholders, recovering the network of “Algarve 2020: a youth contract” that will have the opportunity to continue working together for all preparation, implementation, and evaluation of the project;
- Local Youth Consultations with young people living in rural areas, urban youth with rural background or vocation and entrepreneurs to explore and discuss the challenges and opportunities of rural areas and raise their capacity and information on youth participation and entrepreneurship;
- a National Youth Meeting where youth, organizations, schools, entities, private sector, policymakers, and other stakeholders will be able to present and debate best practices, challenges, and opportunities for rural youth and work collectively on the construction of recommendations at the national level and of a regional agenda;
- The Local Follow-up Meetings to consolidate and adopt the recommendations to effective local action plans with youth and main local stakeholders.
- The Agenda: “8 Objectives for a New Generation in Rural Algarve till 2030” coming from the National Youth Meeting;
- The “Recommendations for youth participation and entrepreneurship in low-density territories” (translated to English) resulting from the overall conclusions and achievements of the project;
- The video documentary “RURALidades: practices and opportunities in the rural areas” will support the dissemination of good practices and project results to a broader audience;
- The RURALidades Local Action Plans designed during the Local Follow-up Meetings;
- The RURALidades Pool of Mentors joins stakeholders compromised in supporting youth in designing projects or reaching opportunities in the rural areas.