What is the European Solidarity Corps?
The European Solidarity Corps is the new European Union initiative that creates opportunities for young people to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe.
The young people who participate in the European Solidarity Corps will all agree with and uphold its Mission and Principles.
You can register for the European Solidarity Corps when you are 17 years old, but you cannot start a project until you are over 18. European Solidarity Corps projects will be available to people up to the age of 30 years old.
After completing a simple registration process, European Solidarity Corps participants could be selected and invited to join a wide range of projects, such as helping to prevent natural disasters or rebuild afterward, assisting in centers for asylum seekers, or addressing different social issues in communities.
Projects supported by the European Solidarity Corps can last from two to twelve months. They will usually be located within the European Union Member States.
European Solidarity Corps for Contextos
We believe that volunteering is a great opportunity to grow, develop competencies, and become an active citizen. We would like to provide to the volunteers, the opportunity of participating in our local projects helping in the daily tasks like preparing the agenda, who to contact, etc, in order to improve their skills and knowledge and give them useful work experience that can be useful in their future, professional or volunteer life, inside any organization.
Since 2017, Contextos has sent 15 volunteers to all corners of Europe. As a host organization, we have already welcomed 16 volunteers in the same period.
The projects can last from a minimum of 2 weeks up to a maximum of 12 months.
Profile of the volunteer:
- Between 18 and 30 years of age
- Legally reside in an EU country
- Be interested in living experience of social engagement and non-formal learning
- Be interested in your personal development, as well as others’
- Be ready to actively participate in the realization of the project
- Be collaborative, active and supportive
- Not having done another previous EVS
European Solidarity Corps finances the expenses for the travel, the accommodation, the provision, the pocket money, the local transport, and the health insurance, throughout the whole length of the project. The volunteers can rely on the help of both the sending and the receiving institution before, during, and after the project.
Would you like to have Contextos as your sending organization? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting / Coordinating Projects
- For Youth Initiative
- Uncover Your Potential
- For Youth Initiative II
- Lights Camera Action! (2017-2-PT02-KA105-004379)
- POWER2U (2018-1-PT02-KA125-004881)
- World of Youth Active Participation (2018-1-PL01-ESC11-061353)
- Volunteering To Learn (2018-1-ES02-ESC11-012506)
- Solidarity Point (2018-1-EL02-ESC11-004636) – Positive Voice
- Fix in Pride (2018-2-EL02-KA125-004434) – Fix in Art
- Suburbang! (2018-1-IT03-KA125-013210) – Younet
- Add Action in Art (2018-1-EL02-KA125-004104) – AddArt
- World Cup of Volunteers 2018 (590389-EPP-1-2017-1-IT-EPPKA1-LARG-EVS) – Younet
- Heres: Solidarity Exchanges (2018-1-IT03-KA125-013066) Fondazione Mondoaltro
- Fix in Action Art (2017-2-EL02-KA105-003186) – Fix in Art
- Heres – 2019-1-IT03-ESC11-015591 Fondazione Mondoaltro